|Distillery Opened||Capacity||Malting Floor||Washback Type||Number of Washbacks||Number of Wash Stills||Number of Spirit Stills|
|1896||3.5 million litres||dismissed in 1972||Siberian Larch/ Stainless Steel||11||2||2|
- 1896 John and Tommy Dewar embark on the construction of the Aberfeldy distillery .
- 1898 Production started in November in Aberfeldy distillery .
- 1917 The Aberfeldy distillery closed.
- 1919 The Aberfeldy distillery reopened.
- 1972 Reconstruction took place, the floor maltings was closed and two stills were increase to four.
- 1991 The first official bottling is a 15 year old in the Flora & Fauna series.
- 2000 A visitor center was opened in Aberfeldy distillery and a 25 year old was released.
- 2005 A 21 year old was launched replacing the 25 year old.
- 2009 Two 18 year old single casks were released.
- 2010 A 19 year old single cask, exclusive to France, was launched
- 2011 A 14 year old single cask was released.
- 2014 The Whole range was revamped and an 18 year old for duty free was released.
- 2015 A 15 year old was released .
The Aberfeldy distillery is equipped with a 7.5 ton stainless steel mash tun, eight washbacks made of Siberian larch and three made of stainless steel and four stills.
The stills have a medium long necks and a big body but they haven’t a reflux bowl.
The core range of Aberfeldy distillery consist of:
Image source: official Aberfeldy website