|Distillery Opened||Capacity||Malting Floor||Washback Type||Number of Washbacks||Number of Wash Stills||Number of Spirit Stills|
|1852||5.2 million litres||Dismissed in 1960||Larch||6||3||3|
‘An dail uaine’ which means ‘Green valley’.
- 1852 The Dailuaine distillery was founded by William Mackenzie.
- 1865 William Mackenzie died and his widow leases the distillery to James Fleming, a banker from Aberlour.
- 1891 Dailuaine-Glenlivet distillery LTD was founded.
- 1898 Dailuaine-Glenlivet distillery LTD joined with Talisker Distillery LTD and forms Dailuaine Talisker Distilleries LTD..
- 1917 A fire rages and the pagoda roof collapses and the Dailuaine distillery was forced to close.
- 1920 The distillery reopened.
- 1960 Dailuaine distillery made changements: the stills increase from four to six and a Saladin box replaces the floor maltings.
- 1983 On site maltings was closed down and malt was puchased centrally.
- 1991 The first official bottling a 16 year old was launched in the Flora & Fauna series.
- 1996 A 22 year old cask strength from 1973 was released as a Rare Malt.
- 1997 A cask strength version of the 16 year old was launched.
- 2000 A 17 year old Manager's Dram matured in sherry casks was launched.
- 2010 A single cask from 1997 was released.
- 2015 A 34 year old was launched as part of the Special Releases.
Dailuaine distillery is equipped with a stainless
steel. 11.2 ton full lauter mash tun, eight whasbacks made of larch,
plus two stainless steel ones placed outside and three pair of stills·
In Dailuaine distillery there
are tradiotional Speyside stills, in fact they have a pear-shape,
conical and tall neck and a spherical lid. The wash stills in the distillery have a restricted piece between the spherical lid and the neck, which allows the reflux.
The Dainluaine range consist of:
- 16 yo flora & fauna
- 34 yo
image source: malts.com