|Distillery Opened||Capacity||Malting Floor||Washback Type||Number of Washbacks||Number of Wash Stills||Number of Spirit Stills|
|1974||5.9 million litres||/||Stainless Steel||8||4||4|
The Auchroisk distillery was founded in 1974 by Justerini & Brooks and the Auchroisk distillery is located in Speyside.
For the production of its whisky, the Auchroisk distillery uses the water of Dorie’s well which is situated in Banffshire.
The Auchroisk distillery has a large number of warehouses and the Auchroisk distillery uses American and European oak casks.
In fact the whisky of Auchroisk distillery is light, fresh and citrusy.
In 1996 the Auchroisk distillery has produced whisky under the brand Singleton and in 2001 the Auchroisk distillery has abandoned the Singleton brand to replace it with the Auchroisk brand.
But at the beginning the name of this new brand caused some problems because, coming from Gaelic, it was difficult to pronounce.
- 1972 Building of the Auchroisk distillery commences by Justerini & brooks in order to produce blending whisky.
- 1974 the Auchroisk distillery was completed and the first year’s production was sold 12 years later as single malt.
- 1986 The first whisky of Auchroisk distillery was marketed under the name Singleton
- 2001 The name Singleton was abandoned and the whisky of Auchroisk distillery was now marketed under the name of Auchroisk in the Flora & Fauna series.
- 2003 Apart from the 10 year old in the Flora & Fauna series, a 28 year old from 1974, the Auchroisk distillery’s first year, was launched in the Rare Malt series.
- 2010 A Manager’s Choice single cask and a limited 20 year old were released
- 2012 A 30 year old from 1982 was released
- 2016 A 25 year old from 1990 was released.
Auchroisk distillery is equipped with a 12 ton stainless steel mash tun , eight stainless steel washbacks and four pairs of stills.
The spacious still house was a role model for the still house of Diageos' latest distillery, Roseisle. In 2015 Auchroisk distillery was closed for five moths due to a substantial upgrade, which included an automated control system.
The core range of Auchroisk distillery consist of:
- 10 yo Flora & Fauna series
- 20 yo from 1990
- 30 yo
image source: malts.com