|Distillery Opened||Capacity||Malting Floor||Washback Type||Number of Washbacks||Number of Wash Stills||Number of Spirit Stills|
|1898||700 hundred thousand litres||Dismissed in 1968||Larch||4||1||1|
The Benromach distillery was founded in 1898.
Located near Forrest city in Speyside, the Benromach distillery is one of the smallest distillery in the city and the water which is uses for the production of whisky comes from the Chapeltown Spring.
The goal as Benromach distillery is to produce a Speyside whisky, just like it used to taste back in the 1950s and 1960s.
This is achieved by predominantly using medium heated barley.
The Benromach distillery until 1960 used his malt but today is bought from malt companies.
The Bernomach distillery for the maturation of his whisky uses wine,sherry or liqueur casks.
In fact the whisky of Bernomach distillery has peat smoke and light fruity character.
Moreover the Benromach distillery has old, long and low warehouses with an earthen floor, that allow a good condition for the whisky maturation.
Benromach distillery has created a visitor center in 1999 and the Benromach distillery offers several tours in order to the visitors could find the right one for them.
- 1898 Benromach distillery Company starts the Benromach distillery.
- 1919 John Joseph Claider bought Benromach distillery and sold it to Benromach Distillery Ltd.
- 1931 Benromach distillery was mothballed.
- 1937 The Benromach distillery reopened.
- 1966 The Benromach distillery was refurbished.
- 1968 Floor Maltings was abolished.
- 1999 A visitor center was opened.
- 2004 Benromach Traditional was released.
- 2005 A Port Wood finish (22 year old), Benromach 55 yo and a Vintage 1968 were released .
- 2006 Benromach Organic was released.
- 2007 Peat smoke was released.
- 2008 Benromach Origins Golden Promise were released.
- 2009 Benromach 10 year old was released.
- 2011 A 2001 Hermitage Finish and a 30 year old were released.
- 2013 Sassicaia Wood Finish was released.
- 2014 5 year old, 100 Proof and Traveller’s Edition were launched.
- 2015 A 15 year old were released.
- 2016 A 35 year old and 1974 single cask were released.
- 100 Proof
- 35 yo
- 1974 single cask
- Classic 55 year old
- Sassicaia 2007
- Traveller's Edition
Image source: official Benromach website