|Distillery Opened||Capacity||Malting Floor||Washback Type||Number of Washbacks||Number of Wash Stills||Number of Spirit Stills|
|1957||6 million litres||Dismissed in 1976||Oregon pine, stainless steel||9 + 6||3||3|
- 1957 The Glen Keith distillery is founded by Chivas Brothers (Seagrams).
- 1958 Glen Keith distillery starts production.
- 1970 In the Glein Keith distillery the first gas still in Scotland is installed, the number of stills is increased from three to five.
- 1976 Glen Keith distillery ceases production of malts (Saladin box).
- 1983 A sixth still is installed.
- 1994 The first official bottling of the distillery, a 10 year old, is released as part of Seagram's Heritage Selection.
- 1999 The distillery is mothballed.
- 2001 Pernod Ricard takes over Chivas Brothers from Seagrams.
- 2012 The reconstruction and refurbishing of the Glen Keith distillery begins.
- 2013 Glen Keith distillery starts production again.
The Glen Keith distillery is equipped with a Briggs 8 ton full lauter mash tun and six stainless steel washbacks. In the old building there are nine new washbacks made of Oregon pine and six, old but refurbished stills. The stills have extremely long lyne arms and the desired character of the new make spirit is fruity.
The only official bottling of Glen Keith distillery is:
- 17 yo
image source: Facebook