|Distillery Opened||Capacity||Malting Floor||Washback Type||Number of Washbacks||Number of Wash Stills||Number of Spirit Stills|
|1876||3.7 million listres||/||Larch||8||3||2|
- 1876 John Duff founded the Glenlossie distillery with the help of Alexander Grigor Allan, George Thomson and H. Mackay.
- 1895 The company Glenlossie-Glenlivet Distillery Co. was formed and Allan died.
- 1896 John Duff becomes more involved in Longmorn and Mackay takes over management of Glenlossie.
- 1919 Distillers Company Limited (DCL) takes over the company.
- 1929 A fire broke out and caused considerable damage in Glenlossie distillery.
- 1930 DCL transferred operation to Scottish Malt Distiller.
- 1962 Stills were increased from four to six.
- 1971 Another distillery, Mannochmore was constructed by SMD on the premises of Glenlossie distillery and dark grains plant was installed.
- 1990 A 10 yo was launched in the Flora & Fauna series.
- 2010 A Manager’s Choice single casks from 1999 was released.
The distillery is equipped with one stainless steel full lauter mash tun and eight washbacks made of larch.
In Glenlossie distillery there are also three pairs of stills with the spirit stills equipped with purifiers between the lyne arms and the condensers.
This way increasing the reflux which, together a long fermentation time, gives Glenlossie newmake its light and green grassy character.
Today the only official bottling of Glenlossie is:
image source: malts.com