|Number of Washbacks
|Number of Wash Stills
|Number of Spirit Stills
|3.34 million litres
- 1960 The Macduff distillery was founded by Marty Dyke, George Crawford, James Stirrat and Brodie Hepburn. The company's name was Macduff Distillers ltd.
- 1964 The number of stills was increased to four
- 1972 William Lawson Distillers bought the Macduff distillery from Glendeveron Distilleries.
- 1990 A fifth still was installed
- 1993 Bacardi bought Martini Rossi and transferred the Macduff distillery to John Dewar & Sons.
- 2013 The Royal Brugh Collection was launched for duty free
- 2015 A 10,12 and 18 years old were launched.
The Macduff distillery is equipped with a stainless steel semi-lauter mash tun and nine washbacks made of stainless steel. there is also a rather unusual set-up of five stills because there are two wash stills and three spirit stills.
In order to fit the stills into the still room, the lyne arms on four of the stills are bent in a peculiar way and one of the wash stills it is U-shaped.
The core range of Macduff distillery consist of:
- 10 yo
- 12 yo
- 16 yo
- 18 yo
- 20 yo
- 30 yo